lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP and AutoIp parallel triggered

From: Sandeep Parvatikar
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP and AutoIp parallel triggered
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:34:10 +0530

Hi

I have a doubt w.r.t parallel triggering of DHCP and AutoIp IPv4 address assignment methods.

When both these IP address assignment are triggered parallel and if the DHCP server response is slow...AutoIp is assigned to my NIC. But now I want to continue transmitting DHCP DISCOVER frames.

In this scenario what should be the IP source address in the DHCP frames. I could not find anything mentioned regarding this in the RFCs.

Is it ok if the DHCP DISCOVER frames have AutoIp address in IPv4 source address field?

Note: I have my own lean TcpIp stack and not lwip.

Thanks.

- Sandeep