lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IPv6 porting, need help in netif->mld_mac_filter

From: Zach Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IPv6 porting, need help in netif->mld_mac_filter
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:59:47 +0000

In my IP6 implementation I did not do anything with the mld_mac_filter parameter. It is just set to null in netif_add. FF02::1 is the all nodes multicast group so I think by default you are already joined to that group.

The only thing I can think of that you haven’t mentioned is to make sure your MAC is set up to accept multicast packets. It may be set to receive broadcast already but IP6 won’t work if it is not set to receive multicast.

-Zach