lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Size of ARP Response too much 1534 bytes, packet contai

From: Ishmeet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Size of ARP Response too much 1534 bytes, packet contains lots of 0xA5 values
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 03:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

FIXED,
It was an issue with my code, in interface controller, I have to set the len and tot_len of pbuf buffer to the length I have read from driver. Thanks

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Bastien Allibert [via lwIP] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ishmeet,
As you stated, your ARP request is 64 bytes, which is OK. I guess it has been padded by your ethernet HW. But 2 things :
  - ARP reponse comes from the other end of the link, that is, it may not be padded (possibly).
  - ARP reponse is supposed to be 28 bytes : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Resolution_Protocol

So if your reponse is 1534 bytes, i agree with Krzysztof, maybe you've got an issue with your stack...

rgds
Bastien