lwip-users

[lwip-users] memory leak on PBUF_POOL

From: Craig Clark
Subject: [lwip-users] memory leak on PBUF_POOL
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:53:50 +1000

Lwip version 1.4.1

Processor  STM32F107

I have been trying to track down a memory leak I am suffering on the PBUF_POOL.  The problem doesn’t occur regularly, from the addresses involved I think it may be people probing open ports in the network.

I can provide the debug output if someone would like to see it, but essentially, the tcp connection is closed in state ESTABLISHED.  Tcp_close_shutdown is run, it isn’t being caught by the initial if statement at the top of the function, rather it goes into the switch statement, runs tcp_send_fin, set the state to FIN_WAIT_1 and it is never referenced again.

Have I followed this through correctly, and if so what needs to be done to correct this behaviour?

Thanks

Craig Clark
Engineer
Digilin Australia
37 Oxford Street, Bulimba Qld. 4171
http://www.digilin.com.au
Ph: +61 7 3899 1267
Fax: +61 7 3899 1261

logo40

This email is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential or privileged information or both. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission or misdelivery. If you receive this email in error you must not use or disclose it or it's contents or relay on it. If you have received this email in error please notify DIGILIN AUSTRALIA. The personal opinions expressed by the sender of this email do not reflect the company policy of DIGILIN AUSTRALIA.