lwip-users

[lwip-users] The lwip linux port - how to use another ip on the existing

From: Enrique Wellborn
Subject: [lwip-users] The lwip linux port - how to use another ip on the existing subnet
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:33:11 +0200

Hi,
I was wondering whether it is possible to use the lwip linux port so that it'll use an ip address on my existing subnet.
The scenario i'm trying to create is as follows:
My Ubuntu machine has a single ethernet device (eth0) with ip: 192.168.0.3/24, gw: 192.168.0.1.
I want to create an lwip application that will have ip addr 192.168.0.4 and the same mask and gw.
I managed to do it using the windows port (that utilizes winpcap for the task) and it worked great, but when I'm running the simhost app(from the linux port) with the relevant arguments it just fails (I think it has something to do with it trying to create a tun device with an ip address that belongs to the existing subnet of eth0).
So, I have 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to create a tun device with ip addr in the existing subnet of eth0?
2. Is there a linux alternative for winpcap that works well on linux (I saw that pcap was not supported on linux), in a way that will enable the above scenario?

Thank you very much,
Enrique.