lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP/IP with PPP

From: Dave McLaughlin
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP/IP with PPP
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 22:42:13 +0700

Hi all,

I am new to the group and new to the library and looking for a bit of advice.

I have a project to build a sensor interface with a GSM modem and I need to have the ability to connect via TCP/IP over PPP to the GPRS network.

The modem has built in TCP/IP as do a number of them these days but it is limited to 1 connection at a time and does not integrate with any TCP/IP stack in the processor firmware. I need to be able to have multiple connections at the same time.

I am targeting a Cortex M4 processor from ST and looking to use the Coocox development software as I am familiar with this from another project.

Would the TCP/IP driver work with the likes of FreeRTOS and how easy is it to get it working?

Would you recommend any books on the subject or examples on any websites? I am not looking for a complete working solution, just the basics as I am keen to learn how this all connects together so would really like to do the main work myself but a few pointers along the way would speed up the process. :)

Regards
Dave…

---

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes…

---