lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and HTTP server

From: markus . forrer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and HTTP server
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:43:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ueli

Thank you for the reply! I will have a look in the rfc2616.

Best regards
Markus

Gesendet: Samstag, 21. September 2013 um 09:24 Uhr
Von: "Ueli Niederer" <address@hidden>
An: address@hidden
Betreff: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and HTTP server
Hi Markus

So what you are looking for is a HTTP Server fully supporting HTTP 1.1
then? (100-continue is not really related to TCP segmentation, it's a
HTTP 1.1 thing)

Do you need to support everything of HTTP 1.1 or do you just need to
be able to catch post requests from HTTP 1.1 capable clients?

In the latter case, it's not too complicated to tweak a HTTP 1.0
server so it's supporting the "Expect" Attribute and react
appropriately. I had to implement this myself a several times but
unfortunately, it was never in code I'm allowed to share publicly.

Anyway it always boils down to scan for the Expect Attribute in the
Header and then handle it according to section 14.20 in the HTTP 1.1
specification[1], which is basically sending either "continue" or
"expectation failed" responses from the web server.

Best regards
Ueli

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-14.20

Quoting address@hidden:

Hi Ueli

thank you for the answer. I know the lwip web server example.
Unfortunately the example is a to simple implementation. I'm looking
for a HTTP server supporting tcp segmentation (Expect: 100-continue)
and so on.

But thank you anyway

Best regards
Markus

GESENDET: Freitag, 20. September 2013 um 10:49 Uhr
VON: "Ueli Niederer" <address@hidden>
AN: address@hidden
BETREFF: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and HTTP server
Hi Markus

Are you looking for open source variants? There are examples included
in the contrib part of lwip as far as I remember.

See http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Sample_Web_Server

Hope that helps.
Ueli

Quoting address@hidden:

I need to implement a HTTP server using lwip 1.4.1. For that reason
I'm looking for a HTTP server library.

Project scope:
- MPC852 PowerPC
- uC/OS-II