lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP replies ping request with reply of an earlier request

From: George Ruinelli
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP replies ping request with reply of an earlier request (packages out off sync)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:17:42 +0000

Hi all

We are experiencing some weird behaviour of lwIP.

We use lwIP together with FreeRTOS on a STM32 CPU.

The device contains a webserver used for configuration and data visualisation.

It runs fine for hours or even days, but suddenly starts to slow down.

Looking at Wireshark, I see the following:

The device still immediately replies to a ping request, but the ping still times out.

You can see that on the following picture: http://oi43.tinypic.com/28we87k.jpg

When sending a ping (frame 41), the device immediately (within <1 ms) replies (frame 42).

However it is not actually the reply for frame 41 but for an older request (frame 33) which got requested 22 seconds ago.

So somehow the device holds the reply back and only sends it on the next request.

We also saw that the device sends the held back ping reply when it receives a broadcast message.

Why is this happening?

How can we solve it? Is there somehow a flush command to send all pending packages?

Or is there somehow a misconfiguration of our system?

We appreciate any hints!

George Ruinelli

Kistler Instrumente AG
Eulachstrasse 22, 8408 Winterthur, Switzerland
Direct +41 52 2241 257, Main Office +41 52 224 11 11
address@hidden, www.kistler.com

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail is privileged and confidential and for the use of the addressee only. Should you have received this e-mail in error please notify us by replying directly to the sender or by sending a message to address@hidden Unauthorised dissemination, disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail, or any similar action, is prohibited.