lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] MUT setting with multiple netif

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] MUT setting with multiple netif
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:14:08 +0200

Peter LM wrote:

> I am currently using multiple netif (2 or 3) for my HTTP server.
> But I am facing a problem, I cannot correctly set the MTU of the first netif
> I created. Let me explain:
> [..]
> Maybe I am doing something wrong, hence any hints will be welcomed :) .

I think you're probably not doing something wrong but something not officially
supported: having two netifs in the same subnet. This works to some extent, but
some things simply are not coded since this is not supposed to happen.

I assume that the TCP code that handles the MTU uses ip_route() to find the
netif to get the MTU from, and this does not consider the source address, only
e target address, thus you always get the same netif/same MTU.

Simon