lwip-users

[lwip-users] MUT setting with multiple netif

From: Peter LM
Subject: [lwip-users] MUT setting with multiple netif
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:03:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody,

I am currently using multiple netif (2 or 3) for my HTTP server.
But I am facing a problem, I cannot correctly set the MTU of the first netif
I created. Let me explain:

Netif 1: (first netif created, default netif)
         _mtu = 256
         _ip    = 192.168.10.2

Netif 2: (first netif created, default netif)
         _mtu = 578              => this size is for future DHCP test
         _ip    = 192.168.10.3

I had to change my ethernet_input implementation concerning ARP reception
but it's finnally correctly working. I am able to ping both netif1 and
netif2. Moreover I can put my HTTP server listening either onto netif1 or
netif2 then I can receive my HTTP web page by requesting @192.168.10.2 if it
is the IP used and so on.

But from my wireshark traces, I noticed it is always the mut of netif2 which
is used. I tried to change, it is not the smallest it is always the netif2
imposing mtu.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, hence any hints will be welcomed :) .

Thanks,
Peter