lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] windows 7, IPv6, and WiFi

From: Nicolas Pinault
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] windows 7, IPv6, and WiFi
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 08:42:08 +0200

Have you tried to disable the Win7 firewall ?

Le 05/07/2013 21:54, Zach Smith a écrit :

I am experiencing a problem that has me very confused and I wonder if anybody has seen this or could suggest an idea.

My embedded device runs lwip and has been working great with IPv4.  It uses a WiFi module to handle raw Ethernet packets that I send it and I get raw Ethernet from it. I updated to latest lwip to add IPv6 support.  I was able to add it and it seemed to work great.  That is, with my windows XP machine (IP6 enabled) I could communicate fine with the IP6 embedded device.  But someone else in my company then tried it with their Windows 7 machine and couldn’t connect.  Since then we have tried many different machines – XP, Vista, Win7.  Only the Windows 7 machines have problems.

A strange thing is that they can ping the embedded device fine but can’t open a TCP connection.  I have done many Wireshark captures and can see that the Win7 PC sends a SYN and the embedded device responds with a SYN,ACK. But then the PC acts as though it never received the SYN,ACK because it just times out and sends the SYN again.  I have compared Wireshark captures from PCs that are able to connect and PCs that are not able to connect and those SYN and SYN,ACK packets look identical except for IP and MAC addresses.

I thought maybe it’s the WiFi routers but they are just bridged to pass everything through and it does seem that they are routing the packets OK as the PC wireshark logs show – the SYN,ACK from the embedded device gets to the PC but the PC never responds with the ACK.

Is there some special thing to configure windows 7 to work with IP6 or something I am missing? Any Ideas??

This email may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged in nature. The message is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity listed above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, publish or distribute the communication; and notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this copy and any copies that may be in your electronic system. Thank you for your compliance.