lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 06:59:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you both, Ueli and Bill

Of course you're right, I should have provided more information. Sorry,
first time poster in lwip.

Your assumptions about the IPs are right. 172.16.1.11 is a ZyWall.

Your hints just helped me a lot. I asked myself what could trigger my device
to change the MAC - but had no clue. Then I looked closer at the MAC
addresses. Our devices use their serial number as the last digits in the
MAC.
The MAC which was used before the problems, was the serial number of my
controller as expected. The latter MAC address was a serial number that was
a bit higher. So I had a look at my colleagues desk, and actually somebody
did some tests with another controller at that time, using the same IP
address like me! That was a bad coincidence.

Thank you very much for your help, you made my day!

Regards,
Daniel