lwip-users

[lwip-users] Socket Api send copy

From: Laurent
Subject: [lwip-users] Socket Api send copy
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 11:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm currently porting Lwip 1.4.1 to ALMOS (an open-source research operating
system currently under development aiming cc-NUMA Architecture, if you want
to learn about it you can find it at  https://www.almos.fr/trac/almos
<https://www.almos.fr/trac/almos>  )
I'm using Lwip-thread to handle TCP/IP Connection. I run into a problem when
using the socket API provided.

When i use lwip_send(), the copy of the buffer parameter is copied during
the lwip processing of the message. This leads to make the following code
being random :

lwip_send(fd,buf,size,0);
memset(buf,0,size);

It can send a buffer full of zeros, a buffer half of zeros, or the buffer
with nice datas. I'm pretty sure the Socket API ensure a sequential
execution. Did anyone run into that problem and is there a fix for this?