lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] during Boradcast Storm pbuf_alloc returns Zero, release

From: fred
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] during Boradcast Storm pbuf_alloc returns Zero, release pbuf?
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 01:10:26 -0700 (PDT)

I objected following behaviour. In this function eth_drv_recv(). When i don't
make a broadcast storm (bridge loop) i can allocate everytime a pbuf.

Most of the time the device survives the first storm and is availible after
releasing the storm. I can't allocate pbuf when i redo the boradcast storm
several times.  Then i get for pbuf_alloc() = zero.

No i call everytime when i can't alloc pbuf for my ethernet device
pbuf_init() in the function eth_drv_recv(). It seems that my device is
responding now and can alloc pbufs again. But still not perfect. This means
not at full bandwith for example i can't open more than 1 socket the other
ones get rejected.

What can i do to make a clean buffer/pbuf reset of the stack? A broadcast
storm is a error state so i want to clear all packets which were send
throug.

Regards
Fred