lwip-users

[lwip-users] Ats.: the unprocessed UDP Packet lost after recieve the bro

From: Darius Babrauskas
Subject: [lwip-users] Ats.: the unprocessed UDP Packet lost after recieve the broadcast packet
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:18:18 +0000

Maybe, your broadcast (arp) and udp pakets  proccesing in not one context (not
in lwip thread) ?

Siuntėjas: address@hidden address@hidden steelen address@hidden vardu
Išsiųsta: 2013 m. kovo 26 d. 13:17
Kam: address@hidden
Tema: [lwip-users] the unprocessed UDP Packet lost after recieve the
broadcast packet

I’m using LWIP 1.3.2 on STM32F207. ( There are many bugs in the
stm32f2x7_eth.c  and ethernetif.c )
I find a problem like this
I write a modbus udp server( support PTPv2)
I find the lost packet is about  60ppmm (0.006 percent )

I use wireshark record the process like this  The received packet

Packno                          TIME(S)

13013  MODBUS UDP QUERY   970.692211

13014  ARP                    970.692402

13015  PTPV2 SYN             971.119647

13016  PTPV2 FOLLOWUP      971.119654

13017  PTP2  ANOUNCE       971.119657

13018  should be MODBUS UDP response ,but lost

39975  MODBUS UDP QUERY  3819.727410

39976  NBNS (BROADCAST )   3819.727604

39977  NBNS (BROADCAST )   3819.727974

39978  PTPV2 SYN             3820.073486

39979  PTPV2 FOLLOWUP      3820.073493

39980  PTP2  ANOUNCE       3820.073538

39981  should be MODBUS UDP response ,but lost

I conclude that LWIP lost the packet unprocessed after received a broadcast
packet

This take me about 3 weeks

Any advise on this problem ?

Best wishes,