lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] STR912 lwIP + Freertos demo

From: ajinkya
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] STR912 lwIP + Freertos demo
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 03:22:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Noam ,
I have updated my version to current freeRTOS version.
And as you asked I am able to ping my STR912 comstick dongle.

but the demo code  -> FreeRTOS\Demo\ARM9_STR91X_IAR uses *uip stack* only.
since i changed the ip address,mask,gateway in uip_Task.c  and it is
replying the ping.
Here is the part of void main() which is for uip and lwip.
/* Start either the uIP TCP/IP stack or the lwIP TCP/IP stack. */
        #ifdef STACK_UIP
                /* Finally, create the WEB server task. */
                xTaskCreate( vuIP_Task, "uIP", configMINIMAL_STACK_SIZE * 3,
NULL,
mainCHECK_TASK_PRIORITY - 1, NULL );
        #endif

        #ifdef STACK_LWIP
                /* Create the lwIP task.  This uses the lwIP RTOS abstraction
layer.*/
                vlwIPInit();
                sys_set_state(  ( signed char * ) "httpd",
lwipBASIC_SERVER_STACK_SIZE );
                sys_thread_new( vBasicWEBServer, ( void * ) NULL,
basicwebWEBSERVER_PRIORITY );
                sys_set_default_state();
        #endif
So now the question remains. How to make lwip stack up?
I don't need a web server or something like that.
What i intend to do is:
1. Connect to Network: Module (str912) should be in network
2. Send a UDP packet: One remote server will send a udp packet destined to
this module. (this part we are doing with "hping3" as of now and have tried
with different strings between 2 PC's)
3. *Receive and process udp packet:* It should read the packet and on
receiving particular string it should send a IR signal (generating IR and
sending has been tested and is working but without any networking -uip/lwip
involved)
4. Wait for next packet for processing.

Thnaks again for your reply,
Hope you can help on this .