lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] tcp_output functionality

From: David Belohrad
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] tcp_output functionality
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:21:35 +0100

Do you actually use tcp_write before the tcp_output? Tcp_output only sends data, which are previously queued by tcp_write

D.

cat <address@hidden> napsal:
Hello,

I am using LwIP 1.4.1 and doing an app that sends small chunks of data.
Since I don't have big buffer I am trying to use tcp_output to force smaller
chunks more promptly. I have disabled naggle, however still does not send
the data.
What I do is:

A bit of step-by-step debugging shows that tcp_output never does anything
because it exits here:

I don't know enough to understand the comment. Can someone clarify to me
what is 'tcp_input_pcb' and what is the big picture behind this if. Should I
employ some other technique for prompt sending of the segments.

Thank you.