lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Interface with PPPoE and DHCP?

From: Richner Simon
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Interface with PPPoE and DHCP?
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:16:23 +0100

Dear Ruben,

I have thought about using broadcasts as well. The problem is, that when I connect my laptop directly to the device, neighter one has a valid IP (0.0.0.0). I'm not sure this would bother UDP broadcasts, but for TCP this isn't possible for sure. So the only way I see is to use UDP broadcasts to make sure it's a point to point connection and then set static IPs for both sides....
Of course the question is, if you really need TCP on a point to point connection at all.

Kind Regards
Simon