lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_write/recv from two different tasks..

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_write/recv from two different tasks..
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:20:10 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 03:03:55AM -0800, ThomasJ wrote:

> or is it better to use a semaphore around the netconn_recv and
> netconn_write, so no write can be done during receiving and no receive
> during wrie?
>
> How does you handle it?

This is exactly the same from the lwIP point of view, however, I
personally prefer message passing over mutexes, because this is less
subject to dead locks or priority swap issues.

By the way, netconn_new_with_callback() allows lwIP users to write
fully-event based user code, which I also personally prefer over some
kind of rx polling.

Sylvain