lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] doxygen documentation

From: chrysn
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] doxygen documentation
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:02:24 +0100

hi,

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:25:22PM +0100, Frédéric BERNON wrote:
> If it can help you, find attached files I used to produce 1.3.0
> documentation.

thanks for the file.

comparing it to what i'm currently using, there are hardly any
differences by now anyway. most notable is SEPARATE_MEMBER_PAGES, but i
think that's better handled with groups anyway.

HIDE_UNDOC_CLASSES produces a much cleaner "data structures" list, but
on the other hand it hides how things are connected. (and several data
structures like `struct dhcp` are not documented per se, but have
documentation on their members, that would be hidden).

i don't know where CASE_SENS_NAMES=NO came from, i don't think it's
reasonable in c documentation.

rtf documentation needs not be built unless it gets published (whoever
builds locally can enable it).

the preprocessing setting baffle me; i'll stick to my settings as long
as they work unless problems show up there. especially, the PREDEFINED
macros have to be adapted to 1.4 anyway.

i agree with VERBATIM_HEADERS=NO, ALPHABETICAL_INDEX=NO,
GENERATE_TREEVIEW=YES and SEARCHENGINE=NO.

i've uploaded my current status to [1], and uploaded my doxygen branch
to gitorious[2]. (not to start a big discussion, but is cvs really still
the main vcs of this project? i can provide patches instead of git
branches too, but for the moment this is easier to handle for me.)

there's an issue that makes the tcp docs not show up yet, i'll see to
it.

best regards
chrysn

[1] http://downloads.amsuess.com/~camsuess/lwip-dev/html/