lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] coap on lwip

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] coap on lwip
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:14:42 +0100

 "Ivan Delamer" wrote:
>> * how far is lwip in the 1.5 release process? are we talking weeks,
>>  months or years?
>
> I think 6 months to a year for a stable release is to be expected, but
> this is not my decision...

I hope it'll be far less than a year. But then again, there are some bugs left
open to be fixed (and some of them need some thoughts on how to fix/implement
them) and I expect we need some beta and RC releases to get the dual stack
thing neatly solved.

The main goal in waiting for a final 1.5.0 for me is not having to change the
API too soon after the release, so the dual stack API changes must be
thoroughly thought through.

Anyway, to say it in the above words, I think we are talking months, not years.
:-)

Simon