lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stuck in netconn_write()

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stuck in netconn_write()
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:36:18 +0000

> There is no vTaskDelay() in my Idle task, but the __wfi instruction. Schould
> wait for the next tick interrupt

Good - the idle task must *never* block.  Which task would run if the
idle task was blocked?

Later versions of FreeRTOS include a tickless idle mode that stops the
tick interrupt and sleeps in the idle task, but that is very different
to blocking the idle task because when the MCU is sleeping nothing is
executing.

> To protect the TX function I use a critical section so one task can complete
> the transmit before a new one can do it.

Does the Tx function use FreeRTOS API calls?  If so then you can't use a
a critical section.  Use a mutex instead.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/plus
Trace, safety certification, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, training, and more...