lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] support for bootp using the netconn interface

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] support for bootp using the netconn interface
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:04:56 +0100

Hi Bram,

there are (additional) other reasons why you need to do this inside the lwIP stack, on the Rx path. I suggest you look at how DHCP is implemented.

Regards,

Leon

On Wednesday, November 7, 2012, Bram Peeters wrote:
Hi,

I was looking into adding bootp support on top of lwip, using the netconn interface.
But it seems this is impossible, eg I need to send a packet to a broadcast mac (all 0xFF) and I cannot find a way to do this.
So I am assuming I can only add bootp by using lower level lwip apis files or by changing lwip files directlty (eg add code at the same level DHCP is located).
Is that correct or am I missing something ?

Thanks,
Bram