lwip-users

[lwip-users] Sockets

From: Nikolas Karakotas
Subject: [lwip-users] Sockets
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 08:35:07 +0300

Hello,

Im using the socket api to connect to a number of other embedded devices. The protocol used is modbus but doesn’t really matter in this case.
Apparently the other embedded systems have some issues and cause problems to the sockets. When I connect successfully to the devices and then collect data for some reason when the transfer of data starts or maybe when I try to send commands it doesn’t respond as the other device has got stuck or can respond to modbus commands anymore (I can confirm this by using a tool).
I then get stuck as well maybe in the lwip_write or lwip_send. How can I combat this issue? Does send/write wait for ever?

int opt = timeout;
int ret = lwip_write(s, q->payload, q->len);
ret = lwip_setsockopt(s, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO, &opt, sizeof(int));
ret = lwip_read(s, q->payload, q->tot_len);

Regards,
Nick