lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re opening LWIP for new HTTP message

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re opening LWIP for new HTTP message
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:40:54 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 06:29:47AM -0700, H.A. wrote:

> Of course not what? I had at least 3 questions.

This is why I quoted only the relevant part.

> I do understand that the LWIP stack is not reentrant but the Stellaris code
> is using tcp_write and tcp_output from the serial interrupt and it is even
> sold a a commercial product. (serial to ethernet module using telnet).

Sorry to say that, but this is defective by design. Every lwIP raw API
call must be run from the lwIP context, no exception.

NO_SYS == 1 :

everything should be done in the "main()" context.

NO_SYS == 0 :

lwIP is running in its own thread (started from TCPIP API init function).
sequential (netconn) or socket API must be used outside of the lwIP thread.

> So it must work somehow but I don't undestand how.

By chance... actually it depends if you are in the "in watchdog we
trust" way of designing things or not.

Sylvain