lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Ping HW platform in NO_SYS environment

From: Angel C
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Ping HW platform in NO_SYS environment
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:37:41 +0200

Thank you Keiran, now PING works butĀ seldom and it has a strange behavior.
Whenever I let do a regular windows ping with 32 bytes, the last two are overwritten with bogus data, if I use 33 the last three and the last one for 35. Only 34 + 4*x works fine, but even than the reply is not alsways triggered.

Have any of you guys met this situation? What am I doing wrong?

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 11:08 +0200, Angel C wrote:
> I am currently trying to ping the device, after hopefully manage to
> initiate it. When analyzing the network packages I can noticed that
> ARP is
> working and my computer know the proper MAC but the embedded platform
> that
> is running lwIP is not answering to the ping. Can you please tell me
> if
> there is an option that I need to activate or a method that I need to
> call
> in my loop to be able to respond to pings?

Pings should be handled by the stack, so your application doesn't need
to do anything. You have LWIP_ICMP=1 already in your options so that is
fine.

I would add debugging code to src/core/ipv4/icmp.c to see if that code
is getting invoked and why there is no reply.

Kieran