lwip-users

[lwip-users] Start DHCP from application thread not tcpip thread

From: Fred39
Subject: [lwip-users] Start DHCP from application thread not tcpip thread
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lwip-Users

I am trying to write a function which allows me to change between DHCP and
static Ip. This function will be in my application thread, so not in the
tcpip thread. I use the global variable netif netif_default defined in
netif.h and can set a static IP with the function
netif_set_addr(netif_default,&myIpAddr, &myNetMask, &myGateway).
But when i try to use the function dhcp_start(netif_default) from my
application thread i see the DHCP Discover, DHCP Request and a ARP message
who has IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx via wireshark but the ip address will not be
assigned.

The options dhcp and static ip will be changed during system running thats
why i wanted to use this function in my application thread.

How can i realize this? And how to realize a link up down with the lwip
1.1.1 (cabel pluged in/out) ? I am using ecos as OS.

Regards Fred