lwip-users

[lwip-users] dns server not responding. lwip 1.3.1.

From: S_P
Subject: [lwip-users] dns server not responding. lwip 1.3.1.
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

This a 2nd weird error which I am facing.

I am trying to make DNS work on my system using the lwip stack. I am using
lwip port 1.3.1.
My problem is: I am not getting any response from the DNS server.
My lwip code is ported on  FREERTOS and I am trying to enable DNS and DHCP
on the same.

Weird thing: When I am trying the same code with local AP , I am getting dns
response packet and also my dns callback function is getting called.

But as soon as I switch to my companys AP which is encrypted and secure. I
dont get any DNS response.
My MAC is registered , and also I am acquiring my IP address and dns
server's IP address from the dhcp response from the same AP.

This is 2nd weird error: because when I was trying to implement dhcp, same
thing happened. I used to get the IP address from the local AP but somehow
no response from the Encrypted AP. It appeared that the flag settings of the
lwip code for dhcp discover message was the problem. I had to specifically
set the BROADCAST flag . After this flag setting, I could get the ip address
from the encrypted AP.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for the DNS issue.
Thanks
SP