lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:40:39 +0200

Hi Nick,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 10:52:44AM +0300, N.Karakotas wrote:
> Hello Sylvain,
>
> Im trying to get it to run, almost there. A few things need added
> and addressed.
> In lcp.c line 425 I added:
> phase = PHASE_INITIALIZE;
>
> This was left out it cause the the input thread to exit the thread
> loop and crash. I mentioned this in a previous post but no one was
> warm with PPP at the time.

Will check that, from here it looks like this is more a PPP input thread
bug than a LCP bug.

> In ppp.c if I don't add  vTaskDelete(pppInputTh); it will crash.
> Want this cause a memory leak in other OS's? We need to add a
> mechanism to address this.
>
> static void ppp_input_thread(void *arg) {
>  [...]
>  vTaskDelete(...);
> }

Good catch, this is obviously a bug, some RTOS require a end-of-thread
call and lwIP does not a have a end-of-thread sys_ function.

To all lwIP maintainers: can I change the sys_ API in master adding the
missing sys_thread_delete() call ?

Sylvain