lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] raw lwIP on uC, timer or Ethernet Interrupt?

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] raw lwIP on uC, timer or Ethernet Interrupt?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:04:25 -0400

Tamas

To achieve 10 microsecond resolution across multiple boxes would require
a sync mechanism other than just ethernet packets arriving.  PTP
(Precision time protocol, I assume) or a GPS chip could keep the timing
sync, and then a packet telling all boxes what time in the future to
start.

BTW - it sounds like you are polling the ethernet input.  I personally
dislike polling when an interrupt is available.  But you cannot rely on
the timing of packets arriving.

Marty