lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to send a large dynamic generated http page?

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to send a large dynamic generated http page?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:44:14 -0400

>I've the same problem to solve. In my case they are log files with up to
>64KB. With the standard LwIP http server example it's not possible to
>send files with a size above the allowed buffer size. In most cases
>hs->left points just to the address in this buffer. So I think the best
>way is to create a other function which allows the "streaming" of the
>data (filling the buffer and sending and not to close the connection,
>even complete data was send).

It can be done because I've sent up to 800k files using the original
(non-SSI) httpd and note that I was basing this on the httpd_raw (sp?) demo.
Regardless of the file size the tcp_sent callback is used to continue to
send until the file end is reached.  I would expect 10k, 100k or 1MB to be
identical in the handling.

Bill