lwip-users

[lwip-users] dereferencing pointer to incomplete type in static LwIP lib

From: Martin Osterloh
Subject: [lwip-users] dereferencing pointer to incomplete type in static LwIP library
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:39:54 -0400

Hello all,

I am new to LwIP and just started to play around with it. I wrote a makefile to put LwIP into a static library. Compiling is no problem. My sys_arch is not 100% complete yet (I still have to map mailboxes).

However, I wrote a sample program to test LwIP. I can call sys_init() or lwip_init() without problems.

If I try to do:

struct tcp_pcb *pcb;
pcb->remote_port = 1024;

for example, I get dereferencing errors. It seems that my program does not know anything about LwIP internals (but I can call lwip_init() etc).
I use

gcc lwip_test.c -o lwip_test -llwip

to compile. The liblwip.a is in the same directory as the lwip_test.c.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
-Martin