lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_ASSERT at ip_output is failed.

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_ASSERT at ip_output is failed.
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:55:29 +0100

Segge <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have an alert message during run-time:
> Assertion "p->ref == 1" failed at line 755 in
> D:/lwIP/Library/src/core/ipv4/ip.c
> Assertion "p->ref == 1" failed at line 599 in
> D:/lwIP/Library/src/core/ipv4/ip.c
>
> The messages are always in pair.

Does that mean your target continues to run although an assertion failed? How
else would you see the messages in pairs?

> What does it mean?
> Is it critical?
> Is it possible to re-configure the LwIP to prevent these errors?

It means that the pbuf you passed to one of the send functions has a reference
count of != 1. If it's 0, that's an error as it means the pbuf has already been
freed. If it's > 1, that's an API violation: as the pbuf's payload gets changed
while being sent, there may be only one reference to that pbuf. Also, a pbuf
that has been passed to a send function may not be reused by your application
unless that send function returned an error.

Simon