lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip packet buffers

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip packet buffers
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:38:34 +0100

Guillaume Fortaine <address@hidden> wrote:

> , the TCP/IP stack should only define the interface
> for pbuf chains, implementation would be hidden."

As was stated before, to improve lwIP's integration with hardware regarding
zero copy, we need people to work with us that have specific needs. Fun
fortunately, retiree haven't been too many people doing this, lately.

Regarding the implementation hiding, I don't think that it's too hard to just
override pbuf_alloc() and pbuf_free() to get what you suggested. The only
limitation (that I'm aware of and hopefully will be fixing it soon), is that
PBUF_REF types don't fully work with pbuf_header().

Simon