lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Picking appropriate sizes for the different mboxes

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Picking appropriate sizes for the different mboxes
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:51:25 +0100

Mason <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The relevant macros are
> >
> > TCPIP_MBOX_SIZE

The number of application tasks communicating with the tcpip_thread + the
number of input packets queued for receiving.

> > DEFAULT_RAW_RECVMBOX_SIZE
> > DEFAULT_UDP_RECVMBOX_SIZE
> > DEFAULT_TCP_RECVMBOX_SIZE

That depends on your application: the number of RX packets (or segments for
tcp) queued for a single raw/udp/tcp netconn/socket.

> > DEFAULT_ACCEPTMBOX_SIZE

That depends on your application, too: the number accepted connections queued
for a single listening netconn/socket. This somewhat interferes with the listen
backlog and should probably be >= backlog.

> > I have no idea how big or small each one should be.  o_O
> > How to make an intelligent decision?
>
> I suppose this topic has already been discussed (more than once)
> on this list? Could someone point me to a previous discussion?

Maybe, but not lately, I think...

Simon