lwip-users

[lwip-users] System objects management (semaphores, mailboxes, mutexes,

From: jblackarty
Subject: [lwip-users] System objects management (semaphores, mailboxes, mutexes, threads, etc.): pool size ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:52:58 +0700

Hi all,

I'm making port avoiding dynamic memory allocation (to avoid
fragmentation). Thus I need to allocate system objects from pool.
Could you provide me formulas how to calculate required pool sizes for each
object
based on options from opt.h ?
I did short examination of lwip code and
found that semaphores are used in network connections, so I need at
least MEMP_NUM_NETCONN semaphores, for example. Things are more
complicated with mailboxes because of their different sizes, but I
found that there are predefined macros for all possible sizes (I hope).
I'm not sure on analysis I made. That's why I asking you. Also it would be
nice to provide these formulas in porting guide at lwip wikia and, of
course, mention that lwip contain "dynamic" functions (such as dns
lookup) that cannot fulfill this pool model.

Regards,
Artem Pisarenko