lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] how to free udp pcb

From: Rahul Gundecha
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] how to free udp pcb
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 11:58:38 +0530

I found the root cause, it was one socket which was not getting freed up.

Thanks,
Rahul

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Rahul Gundecha <address@hidden> wrote:
I am using stats_display() function (from ./src/include/lwip/stats.h) to display the stats about pcb usage. And I observe that the used udp pcb count go on increasing till the available limit and then I get errors whenever I try to create new udp pcb.

               MEM UDP_PCB
[218.174045] : avail: 8
[218.176040] : used: 8
[218.178007] : max: 8
[218.180016] : err: 2

Here I am puzzled with the comment in the code.

"Call sequence here is:
lwip_close -> netconn_delete -> netconn_free

The comments on netconn_free() function says this -
 * Delete a netconn and all its resources.
 * The pcb is NOT freed (since we might not be in the right thread context do this)."

Thanks,
Rahul

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:

On 6 Jan 2012, at 14:12, Rahul Gundecha wrote:

> In my code,  the sockets are closed by calling lwip_close().

lwip_close() should be sufficient if you're using the sockets API.  Can you give more details of what shows that the PCBs are not being freed?

Kieran