lwip-users

[lwip-users] Trouble with Socket remaining open when ethernet interrupte

From: Brian Beatty
Subject: [lwip-users] Trouble with Socket remaining open when ethernet interrupted
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:01:09 -0600

I have a project using LWIP 1.3.2 and Atmel UC3A which I am having issues with and could use some advice.

The problem is when ethernet is lost for over 5 min the socket remains open and the PC software cannot connect. I do not get an error and when I check port, it seems OK. I send data continuously out port to connected software and connection is established and since this is third party software receiving I cannot add functions to it. If the link directly from Atmel board is broken I can detect that problem. But, if the internet is interrupted after that the socket is not closed.

Any advice? is there easy way to detect and close socket?

thanks in advance- Brian