lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwipopts question

From: Martin Velek
Subject: [lwip-users] lwipopts question
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:50:23 +0100

Hi,

please, could you help me with settings and clarify it?
I am using lwip 1.4.0 on LPC2478(ARM7 - TDMI-S) with FreeRTOS. There
is connected 16MB SDRAM so that I haven't problems with HEAP memory.
However I would like to optimize code space.

Because of 32bit architecture I have
#define ETH_PAD_SIZE                                    2
#define PBUF_LINK_HLEN          14

I am a little bit confused with PBUF_LINK_HLEN. In opt.h there is
computed as (14 + ETH_PAD_SIZE).
My netif driver is filled copy of src/netif/ethernetif.c
with"pbuf_header(p, -ETH_PAD_SIZE)".
Should I set PBUF_LINK_HLEN to 16?

As I told, the heap is almost unlimited. I have these settings
#define MEM_LIBC_MALLOC                1
#define MEMP_MEM_MALLOC             1
#define MEM_USE_POOLS                   0

Is it correct to have all pbufs allocated by malloc and do not use any
static or code memory to hold anything about pool structure?

Thank you for your answers

Regards
Martin Velek