lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP RAW API and "deferred processing" indifferentconte

From: junix
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP RAW API and "deferred processing" indifferentcontext
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 07:40:37 +0100

Quoting mat henshall <address@hidden>:

You may want to look at the QP statemachine framework (www.state-machine.com)
for a reasonable very light weight framework that can be used with NO_SYS -
the author has an example using lwIP.
Thank you for the hint. Although I already built my own FSM framework some time ago, based on Martin Gomez' approach ( http://isa.uniovi.es/docencia/redes/EmbeddedSatateMachinesImplementation.pdf ), it's always interesting to see what else exists.

But I think you missed my point a little bit: the goal is not to replace any state machine processing. In fact I think you will still be forced to do your socket stuff in a state machine. The goal would be more to remove the need of implementing the whole accept and worker management by a frameworking letting the developer focus on his very problem (implementing the protocol for a socket endpoint using a stable API). As mentioned before, the idea is inspired by the strategy pattern where the strategy is the "protocoldriver" on top of a server framework.