lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] slipif usage guidelines?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] slipif usage guidelines?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 13:00:28 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
I need to use slipif, but all examples seem to be quite old (do not use
slipif_init()).
Which examples are you talking about? slipif_init should always be needed, since the init function passed to netif_init() cannot be NULL.
Since I'm quite new to lwIP I'm also quite lost.

Where should I look?
I recently added SLIP support to the win32 examples, you have to pull from git head to see them.
I understand I should initialize the struct netif used, but it's unclear to me
what to use t0 that end.
Basically, you need to implement the sio_* functions and then just add a SLIP netif by calling netif_add() and passing IP addresses and slipif_init as the init function (for NO_SYS==1, pass ip_input as the input function, for NO_SYS==0, use tcpip_input).

Simon