lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem sending huge bytes of data

From: Sanchayan
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem sending huge bytes of data
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 11:26:31 +0530

Hello everyone,

In my application i am trying to send around 300 plus bytes to my controller board using the lwip stack, over TCP IP. I receive 200 bytes correctly, but the rest are garbage.

To find this out, i captured the data sent over TCP IP by the application running on PC, through wireshark, so i know what bytes are being sent exactly by the application i am running. To check whether this is received correctly, i send the data which was captured by my controller board back over a serial connection.

The wireshark capture file showing the data sent by my PC having IP 10.17.1.71 is included in the attached debug.pcap wireshark capture file.

The data which my controller board having IP 10.17.2.30 receives can be seen in the attached debug.txt file.

A comparison of the two shows, that in Frame 14 with a payload of 388 bytes, only the first 200 bytes are received correctly. And i have tried this quiet a few times, the same thing happens everytime.

Can someone help me out, as to why this may be happening. What i can think of is either the buffer gets cleared somewhere in the middle or this is a problem with buffer size. This problem does not occur for low payload sizes of a few 20 to 30 bytes.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Sanchayan Maity.

Disclaimer: This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify address@hidden Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. group of companies. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. group of companies accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.