lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip140 Tx performance is lower than lwip130 performanc

From: Anirudha Sarangi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip140 Tx performance is lower than lwip130 performance
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 21:58:05 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,
I was doing a stress test on lwip today and it failed.
I am in RAW mode.
I did the following:
I downloaded the lwip140 based application on my board.
Connected a PC back-to-back to my board.
Opened around 30 ping connections on my host PC. So from 30 different ping connections I started pinging the board. I got ping replies on all of them.
Then I opened an iperf client on my host PC. I have a small application that runs on the lwip140 stack to take care of this iperf client. The iperf on the host PC shows that it is connected. But after that everything just hung up. I do not get any more ping replies and iperf also does not work.

So it seems the lwip stack just hung up.
Is there any limitation in the stack for this kind of test?

I am sure my iperf application does not have issues as I have been using it without any issues since years. It is just that when I have so many ping requests running simultaneously, the iperf just crashes the stack.
When I stopped the application, I see the control somewhere inside tcp_write.

Any configuration is wrong? Any suggestions how to get around this issue?

regards
Anirudha