lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Newbie advice request

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Newbie advice request
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 19:09:55 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
I understand lwIP webserver is essentially static and thus useless to implement
a configuration menu.
By now, the lwIP server can handle SSI, CGI and POST, so it is perfectly fit for a web-based configuration menu (which is what I use it for, anyway). Unfortunately, I haven't yet found the time to add an example how to use it (although CGI and SSI are pretty much self-explaining).
Any different approach would be welcome; constraints are it should be small,
allow a very limited set of mask elements (checkbox, fixed combo selector,
textedit), text-mode menus are ok.
You can implement all that using the lwIP webserver. There's no toolkit-like help (or ready-to-use code), but you can implement check boxes, combo boxes and edit fields using SSI (server can device which checkbox is ticked) and CGI or POST (for the server to receive submited input data), you only have to build the web pages on your own.

Simon