lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using lwip socket instead of a bsd socket on Mac OS or

From: Prashant R
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using lwip socket instead of a bsd socket on Mac OS or Linux
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:34:56 -0700

 in other words , if I have code written for mac OS X  that currently uses a bsd socket , can I replace it to use an lwip socket compiled on Mac OS X ?

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:

On 14 Oct 2011, at 19:44, Prashant R wrote:

> Has someone used an lwip socket instead of a BSD socket on Mac OS or Llinux ?

Yes.  lwIP sockets do not quite support all the functionality of a full implementation of BSD sockets, but it is often good enough that you can just compile against a simple application that has been written for BSD socket and it will just work with lwIP sockets.

> Any info or direction regarding this would be immensely helpful .

If you have any specific questions or problems, please let us know.

Kieran