lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Callback when get any IP or ICMP packet?

From: narke
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Callback when get any IP or ICMP packet?
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 23:29:52 +0800

On 8 October 2011 16:51, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
>  narke <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Could you please shortly hint me how to do it using raw pcb?  Many thanks!
>
> RAW pcbs are used to send/receive IP packets and implement other transport
> protocols on it. For example, the ping example app in contrib uses a raw pcb
> or socket to send ICMP requests and receive responses. You can find out more
> about that by examining the ping source code.
>>

> On RX, when using a raw pcb, you can tell lwIP wether you handled the packet
> (called "eat" it) or pass it on to the rest of the stack. When using a raw
> socket, you always receive a copy of the packet.
>
> Simon

Simon,

For the technical you mentioned, would you please show me a code
illustration?  I just need to 'listen' on any IP packet coming to my
interface but without changing it.  Hacking ip_input() might be a
solution (as Kieran probably pointed out), but I am looking for a
better way.

Thanks in advance.