lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP-Autoip cooperation

From: ake . forslund
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP-Autoip cooperation
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:57:25 +0200

Hi,

We are experiencing some trouble with some test setups regarding DHCP. We beleive that at some point the DHCP-renew of the lease fails and AUTO-IP kicks in. This is probably the intended behavour and is then working fine. My question is how should this be handled by the system? I would like to get a new IP as soon as possible if the dhcp becomes available again. Does LWIPs Auto-ip/DHCP cooperation handle this at all or is it up to me to detect that DHCP didn't manage to get an address and do periodic retries?

Best Regards

/Åke

Åke Forslund
0433-273296