lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] httpserver problem

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] httpserver problem
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:53:41 +0100

On 21/09/2011 14:31, vincent cui wrote:
> Richard:
>
> I reference to "basicsocketcommandserver" , it is almost as mine. So
> I suppose mine code is fine.

That just uses the sockets interface, and is unlikely to be a problem
unless your lwipconfig.h is wrong.  What you should be looking at is how
packets are passed from the network driver into the stack - that is the
bit that is important to get right in a multi tasking environment.

> But I also found some problem. 1.
> configTICK_RATE_HZ, the DEFINE value is 1000ms , It means switching
> task when tick trigger. So I change it to 5ms.

1000Hz = 1ms period, not 1000ms!  The HZ in the name denotes the units
as Hertz.

If you set the parameter to 5, you will get 200ms (extremely slow) not
5ms.  See the description of the parameter here:
http://www.freertos.org/a00110.html.  That is a very basic thing to get
right before you do anything else, and this mailing list is not the
correct place to be asking FreeRTOS questions.

> 2. my server code for dealing with GET command will send a big of
> data, and those data is defined as global variable So It is possible
> for lwIP hang when new TCP coming but old TCP is not handled done
> yet..
>
> Does it make sense ?

No.

I think you are describing something to do with mutual exclusion on a
global variable that is in your application?  If so, you will have to
work that out.

Regards,
Richard

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org