lwip-users

[lwip-users] LwIP Support - sethostaddr

From: Kyle Sweet
Subject: [lwip-users] LwIP Support - sethostaddr
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:05:02 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I'm seeking support for using Lwip.  I'm not sure if this is the best way to
ask a question - if not, could someone please help me direct my question?

Here goes:

I am using LwIP on a Blackfin DSP from Analog Devices.  I'm using UDP with
static IP addressing and no DHCP.  But I want to be able to change the IP
address on the fly.  I'm trying to use sethostaddr() to accomplish this.  I
have a few specific questions:

1) Can I just call sethostaddr() at any time, wihtout having to completely
re-initialize the TCP/IP stack?
2) Would I then be running with the new IP Address?
3) If I have open sockets, would I need to close them first and re-open new
sockets with the new IP address?
4) Is there anything else I need to know about changing IP address in an LwIP
application?

Hope to hear back from you!

Cheers,
Kyle