lwip-users

[lwip-users] Will DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK affect communication over serial?

From: narke
Subject: [lwip-users] Will DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK affect communication over serial?
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:54:33 +0800

Hi,

>From its name, the DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK seems only affect Ethernet
network.  I want to get confirm this understanding is right, so I can
safely disable the option.

A relative question: I found the dhcp.c was compiled (thereby must be
actually used) in my build, but I have already disabled the Ethernet
functionalists and only use PPP over serial.  I feel strange, that PPP
over serial also need to use dhcp protocol? How?

Thanks in advance.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (address@hidden)